About SoBo Vocal Studio
Because no two individuals are alike, I tailor lessons to the unique personal needs and goals of each student. Through your musical journey you will develop a sense of confidence in your singing capabilities as we explore specific vocal and breathing techniques. You will find that the techniques learned through your singing lessons can be applied to other areas of your life. As you progress in your understanding of fundamental concepts and ideas, we will begin to incorporate songs into your lessons that best represent your personality and voice. Some of the concepts we will focus on include:
- Vocalization based on the Bel-Canto technique and the Berton Coffin Method of Phonetic Basis of Artistic Singing in order to attain a natural & beautiful sound.
- Breathing instruction and body awareness.
- Stage presence and posture.
- Dramatic intention and emotional connection.
- Rhythm, pitch, intonation, and diction.
- Relaxation techniques.
- Working through stage fright and performance anxiety.
- Familiarity with musical terminology.
- Understanding and appreciation for various genres of music and stylization.
3215 Heidelberg Drive
Boulder, CO 80305
Mon - Fri: 3:00-6:00 PM
Sat: Special arrangements / Workshops
Former Student Sarah W. - . "Melissa Williams was the voice teacher who made me believe in myself enough to think it was possible for me to pursue what I really loved with singing."